So I got two cloths and got to work. I also purchased a double curtain rod and the white mesh drapes. I had a decorative draping rope of black, brown and tan stripes that luckily matches everything perfectly. I used strings to make the 4 ties, and wrapped the rope around it. Seriously, it was meant to be.
Love! No sewing, no cutting, no pinning, no needles, no glue, no tape. Wow. =)
Moving on to burlap. There was a burlap sack craze last year! I wanted to do something with burlap and decided this fake plant needed some help. You see, I stuck this plant into the beautiful planter but the plant was too short. So I added some boxes inside and gave it some height. But everything was exposed. So I added crumpled up newspapers around it, and glued (spray adhesive!) fake moss around it. It was great, until The Baby got too curious. She started pulling the moss out and it was a mess. I needed a solution, ASAP.
This is what I came up with:
I was at Lowe's or Orchard Supply, I forgot, sorry. And saw a big burlap sack for ~$4. An idea came into my head, and so I got it and took it home. I immediately started wrapping and stuffing the burlap into the sides of the planter, to make it look like it the plant inside was "bagged". Then I tied the opening with rope around the base of the plant. I think I like it!: